Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday, May 7, 2012

This weekend was such a whirlwind of getting the kids where they needed to go – dance recital and soccer, that I ended up with a headache and got nothing accomplished! 

But today has been quite productive so far.  I made a list of things that I want to sort thru this week:
1)  Laundry – washing and putting away all laundry and switching out a dresser in my son’s room to make it easier for him to put his own away.  Also getting rid of 7 items of clothing in each person’s room.
2)  Sort thru the tv cabinet – I have some knick knacks in there that I am not even sure I like any more, so I am getting rid of them.
3)  Look at a shelf of knick knacks over my piano and get rid of the things I don’t want.  There are some bird houses there that I do like and I think they would fit just fine in the tv cabinet.  I ordered a picture of my daughter from dance recital and I want to be able to put it over the piano in the spot where that shelf is, but I can’t unless I get rid of the shelf.
4)  Sort thru 2 totes under my bed – they have knick knacks in them that I have never used since we moved into this house – so if I haven’t used them yet, what are the chances that I will use them – not much – getting rid of them!
5)  Sort thru the laundry room closet. I have totes with seasonal decorations in there and my goal is to reduce the number of totes by at least one.

So those are my cleaning goals for this week.  I am also getting back on track with my diet and exercising.  I think freeing myself of “stuff” also makes me feel more like taking care of myself. 

So now I am off to work on laundry and other areas!




No comments:

Post a Comment